- This event has passed.
Two Tube Watercolor Painting Series: #5 Cyan + Scarlet taught by Jinjer Markley
March 29, 2021 @ 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm CDT
A limited color palette is a sure way to make a stylish, cohesive, harmonious painting, regardless of what style you use. You will be very surprised to discover how many different colors you can mix up using only two tubes of paint!
This hour-long Live Zoom class includes instruction, demonstration, and question + answer time. It will prepare you to paint a color reference sheet to beautifully illustrate the colors achievable with two tubes of watercolor paint, while getting hands-on practice in Munsell Color Theory. After class has ended, you’ll be ready to paint a simple subject from still-life or reference, with a focus on design, light and shadow.
Two tube watercolor painting series of classes is intended for students with some painting experience. Each class in the series focuses on a different color combination. Take the whole series if you want a great excuse to get to know more colors or go deeper into limited-color-palette painting!
#5: Cyan and Scarlet
This class will have a focus on the technical aspects of analyzing tone, light and shadow in an image. The demonstrated sample image will use photo reference and a variety of painting techniques
Students will need, for each class:
• Students will need at least three sheets of good-quality watercolor paper, at least 8” x10”. I recommend Stonehenge Aqua or Hahnemuhle Cezanne -Cold Press, 140 lb.
• Palettes (at least one 10-12 well palette)
• Water, jars, rags, etc.
• A variety of watercolor brushes. At a minimum, I recommend:
• Size 3-4 round
• Size 6-9 round
• A blow-dryer might come in handy, so if you have one, please bring it!
• Printouts of the attached reference documents. (sent to registered students)
• A phone or tablet with an app that can turn photographs black and white. I recommend BlackCam by XnView. Your iPhone has this feature built in.
• Two tubes of watercolor paint! Each class will focus on a specific color combination, so use the following list to determine which colors you should buy. Any brand professional grade watercolor.
For this class:
o Use one of these cyans:
Cobalt Blue Teal PG50 SMITH 284600028, QOR 7000360-1
Cobalt Turquoise PB36 SMITH 284600029, QOR 7000370-1
Cobalt Green Pale PG19 SMITH 284600027
Cerulean Blue PB36 MGR 33-080, SMITH 284600206, QOR 7000350-1
o Use one of these scarlets:
Perylene Scarlet PR149 SMITH84600076
Cadmium Red PR108 MGR 33-040, QOR 7000215-1
Pyrrole Red PR254 MGR 33-154, SMITH284600084, QOR7000210-1
Quinacridone Red PR 209 MGR 33-155, QOR 7000235-1
Cadmium Red Deep PR 108 MGR 33-045, QOR 7000220-1
Perylene Maroon PR 179 SMITH 284600074
Anthraquinone Red PR 177 SMITH284600005
Mars Violet PBr7 HOLBEIN W113
Pyrrole Orange PO73 SMITH284600187
Perinone Orange PO43 SMITH284600066
This class is being offered using the Zoom online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
A class confirmation email with a Zoom meeting link and other class details will be sent a few days before class.
Please note: Payment and registration for this class will not be done through wetpaintart.com, and therefore will not show up on your customer account. Check out using your PayPal account or as a guest. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.