- This event has passed.
Two Tube Watercolor Painting Series taught by Jinjer Markley: #5 Green and Purple
November 10, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Tuesday, November 10 11am-12pm CST (plus independent painting time “homework”)
FEE: $16 (includes printable color wheel reference guide and palette grid)
If registering for a class through wetpaintart.com, you’ll be asked for a Shipping Address during check out. Please use your Billing Address and select ‘Class Registration’ as your Shipping Method if your purchase only includes class registration fees.
A limited color palette is a sure way to make a stylish, cohesive, harmonious painting, regardless of what style you use. You will be very surprised to discover how many different colors you can mix up using only two tubes of paint!
This hour-long Live Zoom class includes instruction, demonstration, and question + answer time. It will prepare you to paint a color reference sheet to beautifully illustrate the colors achievable with two tubes of watercolor paint, while getting hands-on practice in Munsell Color Theory. After class has ended, you’ll be ready to paint a simple subject from still-life or reference, with a focus on design, light and shadow.
Two tube watercolor painting series of classes is intended for students with some painting experience. Each class in the series focuses on a different color combination. Take the whole series if you want a great excuse to get to know more new colors, or go deeper into limited-color-palette painting!
This 5th class will have a focus on the technical aspects of analyzing tone, light and shadow in an image. The demonstrated sample image will use photo reference and a variety of painting techniques
This class is being offered using the Zoom online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
Please see your Class Confirmation email for more information on joining meetings.
Students will need, for each class:
- Students will need at least three sheets of good-quality watercolor paper, at least 8” x10”. I recommend Stonehenge Aqua or Hahnemuhle Cezanne -Cold Press, 140 lb.
- Palettes (at least one 10-12 well palette)
- Water, jars, rags, etc.
- A variety of watercolor brushes. At a minimum, I recommend:
- Size 3-4 round
- Size 6-9 round
- A blow-dryer might come in handy, so if you have one, please bring it!
- Printouts of the attached reference documents. (sent to registered students)
- A phone or tablet with an app that can turn photographs black and white. I recommend BlackCam by XnView. Your iPhone has this feature built in.
- Two tubes of watercolor paint! Each class will focus on a specific color combination, so use the following list to determine which colors you should buy. Any brand professional grade watercolor.
Two Tube Watercolor Painting 5: Green and Purple
- Use one of these greens:
- Cobalt titanate Yellow Shade PG50: M. Graham Cobalt Green #33-095, Daniel Smith Cobalt Teal Blue #284600028, QOR Cobalt Teal #700360-1
- Chromium Oxide Green PG17: Daniel Smith Chromium Green Oxide #284600024, QOR Chromium Oxide Greem #700410-1
- Pthalo Green Yellow Shade PG36: M. Graham Phthalo Green Yellow Shade #33-151, QOR Cobalt Turquoise #7000370-1
- Or one of these paints, which are not single pigments:
- Use one of these purples:
- Use one of these greens: