- This event has passed.
Two Tube Watercolor Painting Series: #3 Purple + Lemon taught by Jinjer Markley
March 1, 2021 @ 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm CST
A limited color palette is a sure way to make a stylish, cohesive, harmonious painting, regardless of what style you use. You will be very surprised to discover how many different colors you can mix up using only two tubes of paint!
This hour-long Live Zoom class includes instruction, demonstration, and question + answer time. It will prepare you to paint a color reference sheet to beautifully illustrate the colors achievable with two tubes of watercolor paint, while getting hands-on practice in Munsell Color Theory. After the live class has ended, you’ll be ready to paint a simple subject from still-life or reference, with a focus on design, light and shadow.
Two tube watercolor painting series of classes is intended for students with some painting experience. Each class in the series focuses on a different color combination. Take the whole series if you want a great excuse to get to know more colors or go deeper into limited-color-palette painting!
#3: Purple and Lemon
This class will have a focus on creating a two color palette for portraiture. The demonstrated sample images will walk you through the preparation process for painting a simple but recognizable portrait.
You are not expected to paint along during the hour of class. The pacing for this class is designed as more of a watch +learn style class.
• Students will need at least three sheets of good-quality watercolor paper, at least 8” x10”. I recommend Stonehenge Aqua or Hahnemuhle Cezanne -Cold Press, 140 lb.
• Palettes (at least one 10-12 well palette)
• Water, jars, rags, etc.
• A variety of watercolor brushes. At a minimum, I recommend: • Size 3-4 round • Size 6-9 round
• A blow-dryer might come in handy, so if you have one, please bring it!
• Printouts of the attached reference documents. (sent to registered students)
• A phone or tablet with an app that can turn photographs black and white. I recommend BlackCam by XnView. Your iPhone has this feature built in.
• Two tubes of watercolor paint! Each class will focus on a specific color combination, so use the following list to determine which colors you should buy. Any brand professional grade watercolor.
Use one of these purples:
Manganese violet PV16
Quinacridone Purple PV55
Cobalt Violet PV49
Cobalt violet Deep PV14
Use one of these lemons:
Hansa Yellow PY97
Benzimida Yellow PY151/154
Hansa Yellow Light PY3
Cadmium Lemon PY35
Bismuth Yellow PY184
Benzimida Lemon PY175
Copper Azomethane PY117/129
Nickel Titanate PY53
This class is being offered using the Zoom online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
A class confirmation email with a Zoom meeting link and other class details will be sent a few days before class.
Please note: Payment and registration for this class will not be done through wetpaintart.com, and therefore will not show up on your customer account. Check out using your PayPal account or as a guest. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
NEXT CLASSES IN THIS SERIES:
#4: Blue and Orange March 15
This class will have a focus on cheating on your pair of tubes with a third color, using color theory as a guide. The demonstrated sample image will use a variety of painting techniques.
#5: Cyan and Scarlet March 29
This class will have a focus on the technical aspects of analyzing tone, light and shadow in an image. The demonstrated sample image will use photo reference and a variety of painting techniques