Painting with a Palette Knife: Acrylic Impasto Technique
In this class we will create a beautiful painting, using impasto technique, acrylic paints and palette knife. The main characteristics of these techniques are that the paint is applied thickly, so that the strokes and textures become visible. This creates an effect of sculptural volume, similar to bas-relief.
ZOOM details will be emailed to registrants prior to the class.
Ticket Instruction: You must choose a quantity to activate “get tickets”.
List of materials for acrylic classes
1. ACRYLIC PAINTS (Amsterdam Acrylics are economical and good)
At least a basic set of:
White: zinc white or titanium white
Yellow: Primary yellow or Azo yellow medium
Red: Naphthol Red Light or medium
Blue: Prussian blue, or Cobalt, or Phthalo
Green: Permanent Green deep or light
Brown: Raw or burnt umber, or burnt sienna
Black: lamp black
3. PAINTING (PALETTE) KNIVES. (details coming soon)
4. Palette (either plastic or paper palette (special for painting).
5. Water container
6. Rag or paper towel
7. Easel or drawing board (not necessary, it is possible to paint on the table without easel or board)
8. Pencil and eraser for sketching