- This event has passed.
Find Your Flow Freehand Drawing Part 2 taught by Jinjer Markley
Multi-Session ClassMeets Every Other Monday: June 7, 21, & July 5th from 1:30-2:30 pm CT
Level: Beginner- no experience necessary
Freehand Drawing means drawing from life without any pencil sketches underneath. Blank pages are scary in a delicious way, watching images appear from nothing is thrilling, and the rhythm of observing and making marks is centering. In this class, you will learn to tap into this meditative experience by learning to look, training your hands and drawing simple objects and figures. This class is just right if you are a beginning drawer, or if you want to loosen up your drawing style.
Part Two: Adding Shadows and Shading to Pen Drawings.
This class will focus on adding shading and shadows to freehand drawings. We will quickly review and practice freehand drawing techniques and exercises, and then delve into making sense of shadows. The jumble of tones in an image will resolve into a pattern that makes sense, and you will be able to choose to render shadows in all their complexity or simplify them in a way that still looks “right.”. We will also learn different ways to draw shadows.
June 7 – #1: Shadow Basics + classic pen techniques
June 21- #2: Curved surfaces + toned marker
July 5- #3: Complicated Light Sources + ink wash
- Multimedia sketchbook that can handle wet media. I like a size that is at least 7” by 9”
- Insoluble ink pens, such as Pigma Micron.
- Soluble ink pens, such as Flair pens or any sumi ink pen. I like Tombow Fudenosuke pens. This comes in a 2 pack also.
- Grey brush markers in at least three tones. Ecoline or COPIC would be great.
- Waterbrush or paint brush
- Sumi ink, or black or grey watercolor
- A lamp you can aim, such as a clip-on lamp or a gooseneck lamp. A flashlight will work in a pinch.
Zoom link and other class details will be sent closer to first class date.
This class is being offered using the Zoom online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
Ticket Instruction: You must choose a quantity to activate “get tickets”.