Artist Trading Cards: Watercolor taught by Lily Rogers-Grant
December 11 @ 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm CST
This class has filled- Thank you!!
Class WaitlistSign up to be notified if there is an opening in this class.
Artist Trading Cards are small pieces of artwork designed for artists to share, collect and trade with one another. ATC’s can be created in any medium that you can imagine! This class will focus on the watercolor medium to create our ATC’s. The purpose of this class is to introduce you to the joys of creating and sharing ‘Artist Trading Cards’ (ATC).
- Learn about the history of ATC’s and why they are widely exchanged among artists today!
- Learn 2-3 different ATC ideas
- Polaroid Style
- Mountainscape (with border)
- Create your own ATC’s using your own inspiration and creativity!
- Exchange your ATC’s with other artists and creators (either in the class or outside!)
- Strathmore Watercolor Artist Trading Cards (1 pack)
- Watercolor Half-Pans (at least 3 colors)
- Gouache or opaque paint (for details and depth)
- Round Watercolor Brushes (Various smaller sizes- 8,6,4,2)
- Art board (for taping down paper) Wet Paint has boards in the classroom but feel free to bring your own if you have one.
- Washi Tape (2 widths)
- Jars (for water)
- Pitt Artist Pen (Black- XS or S)
- Drying Tool (hair dryer)
- Pencil and Eraser
- ClearBags 3×4” Eco Seal Bags
Note: Wet Paint classroom has rulers, 2B pencils, kneaded erasers, art boards, water cups, paper towels and one hair dryer for shared use during class. Feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
This is an IN-PERSON class.
In keeping with the standards of other educational settings in our area, we are asking that students and instructors wear masks during in-person classes at Wet Paint. If you are having any COVID or cold-like symptoms even if you have been vaccinated, please do not come to the class. Thanks!
Ticket Instruction: You must choose a quantity to activate “get tickets”.
Here are the links to my Instagram, Etsy and Square site: