Virtual class -Two Tube Watercolor Painting Series taught by Jinjer Markley: # 2 Blue and Orange
September 29, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT
Tuesday, September 29th 11am-12pm CST (plus independent painting time “homework”)
FEE: $16 (includes printable color wheel reference guide and palette grid)
If registering for a class through wetpaintart.com, you’ll be asked for a Shipping Address during check out. Please use your Billing Address and select ‘Class Registration’ as your Shipping Method if your purchase only includes class registration fees.
A limited color palette is a sure way to make a stylish, cohesive, harmonious painting, regardless of what style you use. You will be very surprised to discover how many different colors you can mix up using only two tubes of paint!
This hour-long Live Zoom class includes instruction, demonstration, and question + answer time. It will prepare you to paint a color reference sheet to beautifully illustrate the colors achievable with two tubes of watercolor paint, while getting hands-on practice in Munsell Color Theory. After class has ended, you’ll be ready to paint a simple subject from still-life or reference, with a focus on design, light and shadow.
Two tube watercolor painting series of classes is intended for students with some painting experience. Each class in the series focuses on a different color combination. Take the whole series if you want a great excuse to get to know more new colors, or go deeper into limited-color-palette painting!
This 2nd class will have a focus on creating a two color palette for portraiture. The demonstrated sample images will walk you through the preparation process for painting a simple but recognizable portrait
This class is being offered using the Zoom online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
Please see your Class Confirmation email for more information on joining meetings.
Students will need, for each class:
- Students will need at least three sheets of good-quality watercolor paper, at least 8” x10”. I recommend Stonehenge Aqua or Hahnemuhle Cezanne -Cold Press, 140 lb.
- Palettes (at least one 10-12 well palette)
- Water, jars, rags, etc.
- A variety of watercolor brushes. At a minimum, I recommend:
- Size 3-4 round
- Size 6-9 round
- A blow-dryer might come in handy, so if you have one, please bring it!
- A still-life object or photograph to use as subject material.
- Printouts of the attached reference documents. (sent to registered students)
- A phone or tablet with an app that can turn photographs black and white. I recommend BlackCam by XnView. Your iPhone has this feature built in.
- Two tubes of watercolor paint! Each class will focus on a specific color combination, so use the following list to determine which colors you should buy. Any brand professional grade watercolor.
#2: Cyan and Orange
- Use one of these cyans:
- Use one of these oranges:
- Cadmium Orange PO20: M. Graham Cadmium Orange #33-038, Winsor & Newton #0102089
- Gold Ochre PY42: Winsor & Newton Gold Ochre #0102285, Daniel Smith Mars Yellow #284600054, QOR Trans Yellow Oxide #7000480-1
- Burnt Umber PBr7: M. Graham #33-030, Daniel Smith #284600011, QOR 7000480-1
- Benzimida Orange PO62: M. Graham Azo Orange #33-017
Other classes in this series:
Tuesday October 13 11am-12pm
Tuesday October 27 11am-12pm
Two Tube Watercolor Painting 5: Green and Purple
Tuesday November 10 11am-12pm