Virtual Class- Two Tube Watercolor Painting Series taught by Jinjer Markley: #4 Teal and Magenta
October 27, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT
Level: some watercolor painting experience Demo style with homework
Tuesday October 27 11am-12pm CST plus independent painting time “homework”
If registering for a class through wetpaintart.com, you’ll be asked for a Shipping Address during check out. Please use your Billing Address and select ‘Class Registration’ as your Shipping Method if your purchase only includes class registration fees.
A limited color palette is a sure way to make a stylish, cohesive, harmonious painting, regardless of what style you use. You will be very surprised to discover how many different colors you can mix up using only two tubes of paint!
This hour-long Live Zoom class includes instruction, demonstration, and question + answer time. It will prepare you to paint a color reference sheet to beautifully illustrate the colors achievable with two tubes of watercolor paint, while getting hands-on practice in Munsell Color Theory. After the live class has ended, you’ll be ready to paint a simple subject from still-life or reference, with a focus on design, light and shadow.
Two tube watercolor painting series of classes is intended for students with some painting experience. Each class in the series focuses on a different color combination. Take the whole series if you want a great excuse to get to know more colors or go deeper into limited-color-palette painting!
This class is being offered using the Zoom online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux.
A class confirmation email with a Zoom meeting link and other class details will be sent a few days before class.
Class 4: Teal and Magenta
This class will have a focus on cheating on your pair of tubes with a third color, using color theory as a guide. The demonstrated sample image will use a variety of painting techniques.
Students will need, for each class:
- Students will need at least three sheets of good-quality watercolor paper, at least 8” x10”. I recommend Stonehenge Aqua or Hahnemuhle Cezanne -Cold Press, 140 lb.
- Palettes (at least one 10-12 well palette)
- Water, jars, rags, etc.
- A variety of watercolor brushes. At a minimum, I recommend:
- Size 3-4 round
- Size 6-9 round
- A blow-dryer might come in handy, so if you have one, please bring it!
- A still-life object or photograph to use as subject material.
- Printouts of the attached reference documents. (sent to registered students)
- A phone or tablet with an app that can turn photographs black and white. I recommend BlackCam by XnView. Your iPhone has this feature built in.
- Two tubes of watercolor paint! Each class will focus on a specific color combination, so use the following list to determine which colors you should buy. Any brand professional grade watercolor.
For Class 4: Teal and Magenta
Use one of these Blue greens:
- Pthalo green Blue Shade PG7:Graham Phthalo Green #33-150, Daniel Smith Phthalo Green BS #284600078
- Viridian PG18: Graham Viridian #33-195, QOR Viridian #7000380-1
- Cobalt Titanate Blue Shade PG50: Graham Cobalt Green #33-095, Daniel Smith Cobalt Teal Blue #284600028, QOR Cobalt Teal #700360-1
- Cobalt Green Dark PG26:QOR Cobalt Green #7000390-1
- Use oneof these Magentas:
Other classes in this series: